- 15th March 2018 - I have made a new installation of Tiki Wiki and transferred my most popular pages from my old Tiki Wiki installation to this new one. I have only transferred these pages: SAMTools, SAM, DWGSIM, and Blat. Please email me @ davetang.org if there was a page on the old Wiki that you need.
- 29th September 2014 - Moved biology section to http://davetang.org/wiki2
- 26th August 2013 - Wiki resurrected after hacking/spamming attempts took down site
- 7th May 2013 - 200,000 hits on the main page (mostly hacking/spamming attempts)
- 10th April 2013 - I will be slowly migrating this wiki to http://davetang.org/wiki2 due to security reasons
- 9th April 2013 - Page shut down after hacking/spamming attempt
- 14th March 2013 - 100,000 hits on the main page
- 25th October 2012 - Updated TikiWiki to a more recent version and changed theme.
- 6th July 2012 - Most comments I have received are spam (~99%), which is why I haven't been checking the comments consistently. Apologies for the late replies. In the future, if you have a question/comment please email me instead.
- 8th November 2011 - Added search bar for anonymous users and allowed comments to be added on wiki pages
This wiki serves two purposes:
- As a central repository for all things related to the work of the authors (and some personal interests)
- As a learning tool for the authors (because the best way to learn is to try to teach)
Historically, the wiki served as a dump for me; hence there are a lot of poorly written articles. However, recently (5th January 2011) the user base has doubled (welcome Mo!) and I will attempt to write better articles and slowly improve my older posts. If something isn't clear, I probably wrote the article, so you can email me at davetang.org for more information.
For a list of all pages available to guests see http://davetang.org/wiki/tiki-listpages.php
Enjoy your stay,