There are several definitions for the word Primer. Here I refer to it as any reference, be it a textbook or article, that introduces basic concepts of a topic.Primer
- An introduction to ROC analysis
- Some Things Every Biologist Should Know about Machine Learning
- What is a hidden Markov model? (In addition, check this out.)
- Understanding SVD right down to the basics
- Data mining algorithms in R
- PCA for dummiesIntroduction to Data Technologies
- Ten Simple Rules for Reproducible Computational Research
- A Quick Guide to Organizing Computational Biology Projects
- Communicating with a lay audience about scientific subjects
- The ten simple rule collection from PLOS Computational Biology.
- RNA-Seq primer by Michele Busby.
- How Not to Be a Bioinformatician
- Core services: Reward bioinformaticians
- Explaining Odds Ratios
- Bayesian statistics for dummies
- A biologist\'s guide to statistical thinking and analysis
- BMJ Statistics Notes
- A beginners guide to interpreting odds ratios, confidence intervals and p values
- A Brief Introduction to Probability & Statistics
- Experimental design
- Error bars in experimental biology
- Introduction to Confocal Microscopy
- Flow Cytometry
- Long noncoding RNAs: the search for function
- Cre/lox breeding for dummies
- Single-cell sequencing
- Educational papers from Nature Biotechnology and PLoS Computational Biology
- Explained Visually is an experiment in making hard ideas intuitive
Dave, thanks a ton for your blog.
I am a data science instructor, and your blog is a fabulous resource.
I shall dip into it liberally for explanations and assignments!!
Please keep up the good work.